BHM Poster

This is a picture of Jackie Robinson the first African American to play in the Major League. This is important because since he first African American to play in the Major Leagues he is a role model for everyone anywhere. If Jackie Robinson could do what he did through the tough times he went through then so can we do whatever we put our mind to. The title is Courage because Jackie Robinson had courage and it took courage for him to play as the only African American. He was called racial slurs, bullied, and just not treated well in general. The most obvious elements in my artwork would be the colors I used and the title it shows the colors of the team he played for and the title of what it took for him to play.

I used different techniques in my artwork. I used Photoshop to edit my picture. I used the rectangular Marquee tool often and I changed the brightness and Contrast often until I found the best match. I changed the filter and the design of my picture as well. I looked at my picture in different angles so I can find where everything looks the best. Like the numbers on his jersey. I changed the format of it so there is stripes of colors instead of the color being straight white.

What inspired my artwork was Jackie Robinson I looked to him as a role model ever since i was in elementary school. My work expresses the segregation at the time. It showed how poorly African Americans were treated in the past. How they were treated as if they weren’t the same or even a human. This was a terrible time in our history to see our disgusting people would treat others. I tried to show like bravery and courage with the colors I used.

My goal as an artist is to make my artwork good to my standards. I want my art to be something that I like and a topic that I like. I want to look at my art and be satisfied with my work. This piece of art reached my goal because I like the colors, the texture, and the density of my picture. I am glad that my art work was finished on time and looks great.

I learned new things while creating my work. I learned how to use new tools in photoshop. I also learned new filters and edits that will come in use when I am working on other projects. My final piece is what I imagined it would be because I am satisfied with it. I think I finished the project done with the right rules and tools. This piece of art will influence my future work because I now know how to use certain tools and filters that I can use on my next project.